At this time of year, with the heat and weight of the winter months on our shoulders, our body begins to feel tired and desire to escape into a SPA to be pampered and regenerated. For those who cannot afford this little luxury, they can recreate the SPA directly in their own homes, practically at Km zero, with natural products that are easily available.
Here are the 10 natural beauty treatments, SPA style, to do comfortably in your own home, without spending exorbitant amounts in beauty products and spa treatments, giving a small gesture of love to skin, hair, teeth and body.
You will be pleasantly surprised to discover that many natural and low-cost ingredients are found right in the cupboards of your kitchen. Ingredients, which often give you better results than the most famous cosmetic brands.
BODY: Cane Sugar and Lemon Juice Scrub
This scrub is suitable for all skin types and the presence of cane sugar makes it particularly suitable for sensitive skin. In addition, the lemon has a disinfectant function, so the scrub will allow the opening and purification of clogged pores. In addition, the oils in the mixture will leave your skin soft, healthy and radiant.
To prepare the cane sugar and lemon juice you need:
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of sea salt
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of your favorite essential oil (we recommend bergamot for energy, eucalyptus or mint to relieve stress and lavender or jasmine to relax)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a fairly homogeneous mixture.
- Apply to the moist skin with circular movements with the tips of the fingers to help the removal of dead cells.
- Rinse with warm water, dry the skin and apply your usual moisturizer. Results: a smoother, softer and brighter skin.
FEET: Foot Bath with Milk
- Heat 4 cups of whole milk in which you will have dissolved, 2 tablespoons of English salt, also known as Epsom salt and 6 drops of your favorite essential oil lemon, sandalwood or lavender for the hot foot bath.
- Pour into a basin that can comfortably hold your feet and leave them immersed for 20 minutes. You can also use the cane and lemon sugar scrub to remove the dead skin from the feet and thus have Cinderella-proof feet.
HAIR: Conditioning Mask of Avocado Restores Vitality to Dull and Dry Hair
- Crush the avocado (for long hair you need 2) in a bowl with a fork until you have obtained a kind of puree.
- Add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to make your scented mask.
- Roll out the dough on the hair from the root to the ends.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and proceed with your usual shampoo.
Results: shiny, smooth and hydrated hair.
HAIR: Oil Conditioning Mask
This is an excellent treatment for those who always swim in the pool because chlorine tends to dry out the hair.
- Beat 2 eggs (3 for long hair) and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add your favorite essential oils to perfume the mask.
- Apply a generous amount of the mixture on the hair from root to ends.
- Wrap the hair in a warm towel and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Then, proceed with the usual shampoo. This way you will obtain hair that is soft, shiny and easy to comb.
For the natural well-being of your hair, it is sufficient to perform the treatment once a month (twice for dry hair).
HAIR: Naturally Enhance the Reflections of Blonde Hair
- To obtain natural blond highlights worthy of the best beauty salons, place a 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 of lemon juice and apply the mixture obtained on the hair. Lemon juice acts as a natural lightening.
- Apply a small amount of hair conditioner to moisturize.
- Sit in the sun until your hair is dry.
- To maximize the effect, repeat once a day for a week.
TEETH: Strawberry Whitening Mask
This natural mixture removes any stains and yellowing from the teeth. It can sound crazy but we are not the only one who tried it: //helloglow.co/whiten-your-teeth-with-strawberries-4-more-strawberry-beauty-diys/
- Squeeze a ripe strawberry and mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Apply the mixture on the teeth with a brush and leave on for 5 minutes and then wash your teeth with a normal toothpaste.
- Repeat once a week.
FACE: Honey and Oat Scrub
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of finely chopped almonds, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal and lemon juice or yogurt.
- Massage the mixture gently on the face and rinse with warm water.
- Spread your usual moisturizer.
FACE: Mask with Honey and Yogurt
- Mix a part of white yogurt and a part of honey and apply to damp face.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- The mixture moisturizes and soothes the skin. Honey is a panacea and also a treatment for juvenile acne.
FACE: Astringent and Purifying Mask with Banana Cream
- Take 1/2 ripe banana and blend it to make it creamy.
- Apply to the face and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and cold water to close the pores.
HANDS: Mask to Soften the Hands
- Put a hand cream in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then take it out and put 2 tablespoons in a bowl with 2 drops of tea essential oil, five drops of lavender essential oil, a tablespoon of olive oil and a banana
- Mix everything with the aid of an immersion blender until you obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Spread the mixture on the hands, especially on the cuticles.
- Put on some rubber gloves to wash the dishes and leave it for a good half hour.
- To make the mixture penetrate even deeper, have a hot water bottle, resting your hands on it in your gloves.